Seasonal schools for PhD sponsored by ESREA
Besides the well-established research networks and triennial conferences, ESREA now supports another important resource for doctoral students as well as for member institutions: seasonal schools for PhDs supported by student bursaries from ESREA. Only seasonal schools that are clear expressions of ESREA’s academic and social traditions, hence devoted to the development of research in adult education and learning to the highest international level, and by good academic quality and organization, can be sponsored.
Proposing seasonal schools for sponsorship
Member institutions are invited to propose seasonal schools to the Steering Committee, twice a year:
- January 30 (for summer schools)
- August 31 (for winter schools)
If a seasonal schools is approved for ESREA sponsorship:
- the Secretariat will list below, and send out communication about it, and distribute a number of bursaries to students attending the seasonal school, who have no other institutional funding;
- the organizing institutions will be academically responsible for the programme of the seasonal school and must be able to carry its cost (infrastructure, organization, teaching staff etc.), so that participants are only charged for meals, travel and accommodation.
- The bursaries should be used to cover parts of the costs for travel expenditures and/or accommodation during the seasonal school. The amount and number of bursaries will vary in relation to the number of applicants. To be eligible to apply the student needs to be a member (individual or covered by an institutional membership) of ESREA, and the student need to have submitted a paper or poster proposal. Applications are made directly to the network convenors.
Ongoing sponsored seasonal schools:
At present there are none
Past sponsored seasonal schools:
International PhD Summer School on “Lifelong Learning and Everyday Life –Methodological and Theoretical Approaches” by the Graduate School in Lifelong Learning, Roskilde University (RUC) and the Faculty of Education, University of Lower Silesia, Wroclaw (ULS), 11-14 August 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact, Sofia Nyström (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Secretary of ESREA.
Last updated: Tue Nov 24 09:39:14 CET 2015